Cardi B is No Ordinary Woman

Cardi B, whose “Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)” ascended to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, is no ordinary woman. Belcalis Almanzar, commonly known as her stage name Cardi B, is a former stripper who grew up in the Bronx and became an instagram celebrity. She’s a hood chick who’s not afraid to be hood no matter the setting.

She dropped her single “Bodak Yellow”, which has been shooting fast up the charts, knocking many songs down from No. 1.“Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)” marks the first chart-topper by a solo female rapper since Lauryn Hill in 1998. It’s “Bodak Yellow” that’s everywhere: in strip clubs, hookah bars, car radios, work office and social feeds. Everywhere.

“Bodak Yellow” is a great, catchy song. The hook, the beat, her lyrics: it all works. Cardi sounds so sure of herself, it’s difficult not to believe and rap along with every word. When she drops her beat people go crazy.The reaction this song gets is incredible.

Cardi B’s lyrics are relatable powerful, and independent. The song is rap and it starts upbeat. She sings about being independent and hard working to make money moves. She’s one of those girls that stays in her own lane and doesn’t bother anybody like the lyrics say: I don’t bother with these girls don’t let these girls bother me. Her lyrics portray a strong independent women that even though she has a rough past she gets through anything.