Up all night

OAP holds lock-in
Sophomore+Brock+Corbitt+works+during+the+master+class+students+worked+in+before+their+clinic.+
menefee
Sophomore Brock Corbitt works during the master class students worked in before their clinic.

The OAP group had their annual lock-in this weekend. Students were at the school at 5:00 am to ride the bus to Terrell for a workshop and a clinic, and then the group came back to rehearse in their own auditorium until after 1:00 am. 

“I wasn’t excited to get up at 3:00 am,” junior Ashtyn Barzda said, “But I was excited about going to the clinic with Rick and fixing what we needed to clean up in our play.”

The students took a lot of the comments they received about their play and worked for hours trying to do whatever they could to fix the play up.

“We worked tirelessly until like 1 a.m. We reworked and reblocked entire scenes and basically rebuilt our show from the ground up.” Senior Ryan Brown said, “It turned out really well and I hope it pays off.”

This clinic is one the group does every year and hopes to continue to do in the future.

“It’s very tiring every year,” director Melonie Menefee said. “but I think it’s become a tradition that the students expect now and I plan to continue doing it for future years to come.”

The group feels like the changes they made during the clinic will help them get far and be successful during competition this year.

“I really enjoyed choreographing scenes two and three,” senior Nicollette Arabie said. “I’m so excited about the changes we’ve made.”