Lady Bison compete in tie breaker games against Malakoff and Leon

The Lady Bison will play in a bi-district game against Keene tonight after winning one and losing one in a three-team play-in set last week. Buffalo took on Malakoff and Leon after being part of a three-way tie for second place in district play.

“We had to prepare mentally and physically for both games because they were back to back,” junior Melanie McGill said. “We had only one day to prepare for both teams so we had to focus hard in practice.”

The Lady Bison played against Malakoff in Elkhart on Friday, falling to the team by one point.

“It was a really tough game,” sophomore Mollie Dittmar said. “Maybe one day we will see them again in playoffs.”

After the game on Friday, the team went on to play Leon on Saturday, again in Elkhart. This time, the Lady Bison came out victorious with an almost 20-point win.

“It felt good to come back a beat Leon because last time we played them we lost by two points, I think,” junior A’Sia Bradley said. “That day, everyone was playing their best game and hopefully we continue to do that.”

Now, the Lady Bison hold the title for third place going into playoffs. The girls are set to play Keene in Corsicana at 8 tonight for a chance to move on to the second round.

“We are going to have to fight and claw our way through playoffs,” junior Melanie McGill said. “It isn’t going to be easy, but I think we are ready for the battle.”