Senior night

Basketball team finishes at-home play
Ryan Brown
Senior Aiden Savage drives to the basket in a home game against Westwood.

With the basketball season coming to a close the boys have one more shot at making playoffs, with a win over Elkhart they just need to win against Fairfield.

The team, which has five seniors on the active roster, won against Elkhart which pushes their chances for playoffs. In the game, all five seniors got to play alongside each other.

“The season has had its ups and downs and it’s been rough on us,” senior Maddox Hardin said. “But I enjoyed playing with my friends and winning against Elkhart.”

Boys basketball finished with a 9-21 record and are now 4-9 in district with a chance of making the playoffs. If the boys beat Fairfield, they move on to the playoffs.

“Fairfield is a tough opponent,” basketball coach Cameron Wendel said. “But they can be beaten, and I believe we can.”

After the Elkhart game, Mrs Crystal set up a get-together. There were cupcakes, cake, gift boxes and a video where the players thanked the seniors for a fun season.

“The seniors have played a huge role in our season,” sophomore Hayden Shaw said. “They made it fun and I’ll miss them for sure.”