Cheerleading Flyer Takes Spotlight At Games

A flyer is that one girl who has the courage and trust to be thrown in the air.” If you do not know, the tiny blonde haired girl being thrown in the air is freshman Andrea Daniel, who is one of the flyers this year.

“You can spot her out so easily during cheer; she is the tiny blonde headed who literally flies,” sophomore Kenzie Ryder said. “We all get so fascinated on how high she goes. ”

Daniel says that flying is a technique that she is still learning every game. She says while in the air she is still gets afraid, but tries every day to improve.

“It is really nerve wracking to be balanced in my bases’ hands,” Daniel said. “Every day I’m still perfecting on being tighter and more confident while flying.”

Daniel first began flying her seventh  grade year. She says she remembers her first time flying perfectly – and so does her base.

“I remember shaking so hard when I based her for the first time,” sophomore Mackenzie Simpson said. “Now we look back to it and laugh at how much she has improved.”

Although Daniel enjoys cheering and flying at games, she also has other passions. She is a part of the theatre group as well.

“She has such a bubbly personality that she always carries on the stage,” freshman Mollie Dittmar said. “I think her skill will help us in excelling in theatre.”

According to her friends, Daniel is a positive and bubbly girl. She is ways laughing and bringing happiness to the crowd.

“There is never a dull moment with her,” freshman Hannah Hickey said. ” I think that’s why we are best friends.”