Student Spotlight: Ryan Brown

menefee
Senior Ryan Brown checks the pictures they have taken during a pep rally while photographing the event with classmate Mason Ayles. Brown hopes to medal at state in journalism again this year.

Busy is an understatement for senior Ryan Brown during the spring semester. Besides working on OAP and film, Ryan is gearing up for district journalism competition; they hope for a repeat of last season when they medaled at the state contest. 

“Ryan is a hard worker, this is especially shown in journalism, proven by how many times they have gone to state,” Nicollette Arabie said. “Nowhere was their hard work used more than carrying the team to state runner-up.”

Writing is one of Ryan’s strongest talents, and this skill has not gone unnoticed in the classroom.

“They are the best writer I’ve seen in 12 years of teaching,” teacher Lauren Rodrigez said. “they are unapologetically themselves, not afraid to state thoughts or opinions, firm beliefs.”

That passion is what makes them stand out to their friends.

“They are very passionate about who they are and what they do,” sophomore Brock Corbitt said. “I love and envy their confidence.”