Carrillo and Savage crowned

Homecoming court shows off at halftime
Homecoming+queen+Mildret+Carrillo+and+king+Aiden+Savage+show+off+their+new+bling+for+the+crowd.+
Mason Ayles
Homecoming queen Mildret Carrillo and king Aiden Savage show off their new bling for the crowd.

All eyes were on the 50-yard line as the underclassmen dukes and duchesses were announced and crossed the field. As the senior queen and king candidates were introduced, anticipation was high, the crowd eager to hear who the winners would be. Cheers erupted as Mildret Carrillo and Aiden Savage were announced the winners and last year’s king and queen, Rigo Carrillo and Alani Jones, stepped forward to pass on their crowns.  

“This was such an amazing way to finish homecoming for my senior year,” Carrillo said after she was crowned. ‘’I have had so much fun, and I had this overwhelming feeling of happiness hearing the crowd cheer me on. It truly will make a core memory of my high school years.”  

While all the candidates had hoped to be the ones wearing the tiaras and crowns, they were happy about the winners.  

“She spent a lot of time campaigning, and she worked hard to win,” candidate Alyncia Jackson said. “She deserved it because she worked hard.” 

The night was a memorable one for all of the participants, whether they won or not. 

“The best part about being a queen candidate was getting to dress up and take pictures with the little girls at the game and my cheer team,” Jackson said. “The whole experience was so much fun.” 

The evening came to an end, but the memories will stick around for a while. 

“Walking across the field was like having butterflies in my stomach; the anxious feeling was overwhelming,” Carillo said. “I am truly thankful I won, and it will forever be a memory I cherish!”