Student Spotlight: Caleb Doyle

Sophomore Caleb Doyle is known for his band position as well as his happy attitude.

“Caleb is a really good drummer and an amazing friend,” sophomore Iveth Molina said. “When I was in band I was also a drummer, so we spent a good bit of time together. He’s a really funny person.”

Doyle can play two musical instruments: the guitar and the drums.

“I decided I wanted to play guitar about three years ago when I noticed I liked the sound it could make along with the challenge that came with it,” Doyle said. “I started playing the drums when I was thirteen but found my interest in them at the age of five.”

Doyle came to Buffalo his seventh-grade year and joined band his eighth-grade year. When he noticed his ability to play drums, he said he had to take the chance.

“Caleb seemed kind of nervous when he came to school here,” freshman Landon Folsom said. “When he started playing drums he blossomed in a way; he became more comfortable.”

When playing drums, Doyle seems to become more confident, with himself and his playing.

“It feels like I’m getting older too quickly but it was bound to happen sometime soon,” Doyle said. “Music helps out a lot, with different things and after high school, I plan on keeping it as a hobby type thing. I want to find a good job and worry about that more than anything.”

While Doyle hasn’t decided what he wants his professional career to be, he knows his priority will be working. He plans to never lose touch with his musical side, but his priorities are focused on working hard.

“Caleb has always been more about the work put into something than he was with the thing he is doing,” sophomore Jacob Patterson said. “He’s like that not only when it comes to school, but with band, too. He works on things twice as hard as others would.”