Student Spotlight: Lance Pauler

Being a coach’s kid is really tough, moving a lot and not being able to settle down. That is what freshman Lance Pauler‘s life has been so far.

Pauler has moved from town to town. He has attended about three different schools. He’s constantly moving back and forth; he has been to Navasota, San Angelo, and and now in Buffalo – for the second time.

“It’s hard for me to keep friends because I’m constantly moving,” Pauler said.  “So far I have lasted a while in Buffalo, though.”

With a dad as a coach and an older brother as a basketball inspiration, he is pushed by both to work harder than everyone else. He plays basketball with his brother, Bryce, in hope to pick up some techniques he can use.  

“My dad pushes me to work hard,” said Pauler. “He expects more from me for my own good.”

Although his main focus is basketball he also enjoys playing football because he likes going out on the field with his friends and tackling people. His most memorable football memory is when he scored two touchdowns in a Leon game in front of his brother Bryce.

“He is a really good football and basketball player,” sophomore  Brent Steele said. “ He gets the whole team pumped up.”

Pauler’s hobbies consist of shooting, hunting, and fishing and he wishes the school would add these activities so he could compete. For now, he is just going to stick with FFA and compete in dairy foods.

“He is a really good student,” ag teacher Henry Goff said. “He is always working.”