Student Spotlight: Ashley Thunderhawk

Some students can handle being a part of multiple extracurricular activities during their time in high school, while others can only handle being involved in one or two. Sophomore Ashley Thunderhawk is one of those students who can handle her school work, being in multiple activities and her other responsibilities, and do it with grace. She is very determined, hardworking and dedicated in everything she does. This year she is the Student Spotlight editor in journalism and the treasurer on the FFA officer team. She is also involved in Bison Belles and theatre.

“Ashley is quiet but dedicated,” journalism adviser Melonie Menefee said. “She is an integral part of our journalism staff, and I am always pleased with her work. She is a solid writer who is always on target with her writing.”

Ashley is taking all pre-advanced placement classes this year. After high school she plans to go to college to become a doctor or forensic psychologist.

“I am enjoying all of my classes; I can’t pick just one favorite,” Thunderhawk said. “I am really happy about my schedule and everything I am doing this year.”

Ashley is only a sophomore, but she has already achieved success in FFA. She is the highest-ranking sophomore officer in FFA and has done well in the events she competes in, which include Senior Chapter Conducting, Poultry Science and Evaluation and Prepared Public Speaking.

“Ashley is one of the hardest working and most reliable students I have ever met,” Ag teacher Henry Goff said. “She always shows up, puts in her best effort and puts her team first. No coach could ask for any more than that.”

Whenever she can catch a break in between activities, Ashley enjoys painting and listening to music.

“I don’t really have a favorite band or artist,” Thunderhawk said. “I’m mostly into listening to musical soundtracks like Hamilton, The Sound of Music, or anything like that.”

Thunderhawk’s friends say that she is very kind, encouraging, and really tries to do her best at what she does. They admire her for being able to handle so many things at one time.

“Ashley is an energetic, funny and hardworking person,” sophomore Dylan Cornish said. “She can take control of something if she needs to. I’m glad to have a friend like her.”