Trainor’s newest album is worth a listen

Meghan Elizabeth Trainor is an American singer, songwriter and record producer who was born in Nantucket in 1993. Trainor started tinkering with music making when she was seven years old, and at the age of eleven she wrote her first song. She has gone onto win eleven awards so far, ranging from Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2015 to Best New Artist in 2016, and she will probably go onto win a ton more.

Meghan Trainor is a very talented singer; in fact she is one of my favorite female pop singers. The first song that I had heard by Trainor was her first hit single “All About That Bass.” Since then, I have been listening to her music on and off. Last year in band we played “All About That Bass” and I was so happy to play a song that I knew and loved. My favorite songs by Meghan Trainor are “All About That Bass”, “Like I’m Gonna Lose You”, “Dear Future Husband” and “NO.”  Don’t get me wrong most of her songs are great, but those four are my favorites.

“So I’m gonna love you like I’m gonna lose you, I’m gonna hold you like I’m saying goodbye. Wherever we’re standing, I won’t take you for granted. ‘Cause we’ll never know when, when we’ll ru out of time, so I’m gonna love you like I’m gonna lose you. I’m gonna love you like I’m gonna lose you.”~Like I’m Gonna Lose You

Meghan Trainor independently released her first three albums between the ages of 15 and 17. Meghan’s first album called Meghan Trainor was released, in 2009. In 2011, Meghan released her second album I’ll Sing With You. The album only has 10 songs on it, making it Trainor’s shortest album. Later in 2011, Meghan released her third album Only 17. The album had no singles or tours, and some of the songs were originally supposed to be on her album I’ll Sing With You. A few months after she got signed to Epic Records, Meghan released her debut EP, Title, which debuted at number 15 on the Billboard 200 in 2014. In 2015, Meghan released her fourth debut album which is also called Title. The album topped the charts at number one on the Billboard 200.

Meghan Trainor released her fifth/newest album Thank You during the spring of 2016. The album peaked at number 5 in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, it peaked at number 3 in Australia and the United States. Personally I think that this album was different from her other albums, but it was still good, I guess that I just prefer her older songs. My three favorite songs from the album are “Me Too,” “Just a Friend” and “NO”. This is a really great album, and I would definitely recommend this album to someone who is into pop and R&B.

“I thank God everyday that I woke up feelin’ this way…. and I can’t help lovin’ myself and I don’t need nobody else, nuh uh. If I was you, I’d wanna be me too. I’d wanna be me too. I’d wanna be me, too.”~Me Too
If you are interested in purchasing Meghan Trainor’s Thank You album, it is available in stores, or on iTunes and Amazon.