Coronavirus has us all going crazy, but there’s no reason to worry about catching the virus; here’s an easy way to keep yourself safe. Sew a few extra for the health care professionals in your life!
- Fabric, such as cotton, a washcloth or a microfiber cloth
- Elastic band or two hair ties
- Sewing machine
- Start with 2 rectangles of fabric, 12″ x 6″ (or 11″ x 5″ for a smaller head)
- Sew the layers together; then sew the bottom edge closed.
- Fold over one side edge, and using a regular hair tie or piece of elastic, start sewing the fabric so that the elastic is inside the fold.
- Once you’ve started it, pull the elastic taut and sew down the rest of the fold.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Be sure to backstitch (sew over multiple times) at the beginning and end of the seam, since the elastic will be pulling at those spots.