Thundering Herd tramples Triple A Academy

Last week the football team won their first playoff game in 55 years. The team went up against Triple A Academy for their first round game. Knowing that they would have their work cut out for them, the Bison spent an enormous amount of time preparing for the football team coached by former NFL star Deion Sanders.

“I was nervous the first time that I heard that Deion Sanders coaches the team that we were going to play,” Junior Ryan Rath said. “However, it didn’t take me long to ditch my nervousness. I have so much faith in my team and I knew that all of our hard work would pay off.”

Anyone in the stands could tell that winning was the only option for the boys as they played in the game with great intensity. The bison took care of business and ended the game with a score of 42-0. This was the team’s largest margin of victory in this year’s season.

“I can’t even explain the feeling of winning that game,” coach JJ Guidry said. “Winning the first playoff game in 55 years gives all of the coaches and players a new, much needed air of confidence and hope.”

The football team will go on to play the undefeated Newton Eagles. This Friday’s game will be Newton’s first playoff game of the year. The Eagles crushed Waskom last week, winning 66-0. Both teams will enter the game with lots of confidence from the prior week. However, one team will sent back home to role out the basketballs and hit the hardwood. The bison are “hungry” and hoping to continue their record-breaking season.

“Newton’s a good team but so are we,” junior JC Garcia said. “We know that the further we go, the harder the games will get. If we play with as much passion as we did last week, we will give Newton a run for their money.”