“Stranger Things” is One of Netflix’s Best

Stranger Things is a horror/sci-fi/supernatural drama that is set in the 80s. It focuses on a group of friends searching for their friend, Will. Will’s mother, Joyce, played by Winona Ryder, and her oldest son Jonathan Byers, played by Charlie Heaton, join the search and begin to go mad. Jonathan and Mike’s sister, Nancy, team up to find the thing that is stealing these people when Nancy’s friend comes up missing. They find a portal to the “Upside Down”, an alternate dimension, which Nancy enters and is faced with the monster that lives there.

A young girl breaks out of a research facility where they were testing her telekinetic powers. She runs into the boys who are searching for Will and she tells them about the Upside Down and where Will should be. The boys are then pursued by a secret government agency that has been searching for Eleven. They know the boys and Police Chief Hopper are getting close so they try everything they can to stop them. In the end, every character faces the darkness in the Upside Down and must defeat the evil monsters that come out.

Directed by the Duffer Brothers, Stranger Things takes many twist and turns throughout all 8 episodes of season 1. Each character is elaborate and colorful. The Netflix series stars Winona Ryder, Charlie Heaton, David Harbour as Chief Hopper, Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp and Finn Wolfhard as Dustin, Lucas, Will and Mike. The cast made an appearance at the Emmy’s but was not nominated for any awards. The show will release a 9 episode season two in 2017.