Bison start football season

The+Bison+bring+down+a+Rice+player+to+stop+the+team+from+scoring.+The+Bison+went+on+to+win+the+game.+
The Bison bring down a Rice player to stop the team from scoring. The Bison went on to win the game.

After four weeks of practicing in the hot sun and working during scrimmages, the varsity Bison suited up and hit the field in their first regular game of the season.  The boys defeated Rice 41-12, taking their first win of the season.

“We’ve been waiting months for the season to start,” sophomore Dirk Kilgore said. “We were all just really happy to be back on the field again.”

Kilgore brought in one of the team’s six touchdowns, with sophomore Hector Dominguez scoring once and senior Matt Gilliam and sophomore Colton Green scoring twice each.

“We had a positive mindset going out onto that field Friday,” Dominguez said. “We had a goal, and we tried our best to achieve it.”

After making the playoffs last year, many of the members have been training since then to be better prepared.

“Some of us have been preparing since last season,” Dominguez said. “This summer, we worked out every day.”

The team  is aiming for a district champ title and to make it deeper into the playoffs this year.

“Our number one goal is to make it to state,” Kilgore said. “It has been our dream ever since we were little.”