Belles advance to national competition

The Belles show off awards won at their competition on Saturday. The girls were up against several local high schools, all larger than Buffalo. The will compete in Galveston next month.

The Bison Belles competed in a Showtime International Dance contest at A&M Consolidated High School in College Station last Saturday. The officers entered three routines and the overall group competed with three routines, as well.

All three officer routines – jazz, pom, and military – were named Best in Class. The officer group also won the Circle of Champions trophy.

“The competition was tough at this contest,” Director Amanda Harter said. “We were competing against Rudder High School, College Station High School, and Sealy High School. I am so proud that our girls not only held their own, but succeeded.”

The team also competed in jazz, pom, and military, with their pom and military routines both winning runner up. The team also too the Circle of Champions trophy.

“We will work to perfect our team routines between now and then,” Harter said. “We want to thank superintendent Lacy Freeman and principal Tracy Gleghorn for coming to the contest to support the team along with all of the parents, grandparents, and friends that were there to cheer the 57th Belle line on to victory.”

The Belles were awarded a Sweepstakes trophy, which qualifies them to compete in Showtime International National Dance Contest in Galveston next month.

“The Bison Belles are a proud tradition,” Harter said. “Not many schools our size can brag about having  an award winning drill team.”