Bison basketball hosts senior night

Emma Adams, Co-Editor

Tears were shed as the basketball season came to a close. Four senior boys that have put their time and effort these past four years into each and every basketball season saw a close to that chapter on senior night.

The coaches, parents and students made sure the boys’ night was as special as they were. They were gifted baskets full of candy and snacks as well as pictures to help them remember their years on the Bison team.

“It’s always sad to think about our lasts in high school,” senior Thomas Grissett said. “Us boys have been playing since Little Dribblers and now it’s just all over. I didn’t want to think about it too much because we still had a game to play.”

Head Coach Daniel Dubois announced the seniors along with their plans after high school and their favorite memory from the year.

“When I started walking out on the court it made it all so real,” senior Riley Ayres said. “Seeing my family and friends in the stands where I sat last year, and now it was my turn. Even though we didn’t win the game, it was a memorable night I’ll never forget.”

After all the boys lined the court with their parents, Coach Dubois shared some memories from the year.

“I got to share many fun memories with these boys,” Dubois said. “Even though I only knew them for a year this group of boys is going to take a lot out of me to let go. I’m super proud of them and all they are going to accomplish.”

Seniors being represented that night were Isaiah Ramirez, Thomas Grissett, Catch Thompson and Riley Ayres.

“I am really going to miss each and every one of them,” sophomore Aiden Savage said. “Most of us play more than one sport together so we get to finish the year but basketball was my favorite.”

The game itself didn’t end how they wanted, but they fought hard till the very end.

“Once the game ended I think it officially hit us all that it was over,” Grissett said. “All us seniors started crying and hugging each other. I’ll never forget that moment.”