Ag students start on CDE competitions

hall photo

The Vet students get ready to compete in their first invitational of the spring.

Spring coming up means that FFA’s Career Development Events are starting in earnest, with groups traveling to invitational contests to help them get ready for district.

“The invitationals are great because they help us get more practice so we get better,” senior Ally Patterson said. “It’s helping us get ready for upcoming contest.”

Earlier this month the FFA groups traveled to contest to an invitational in Katy.

“We did good but we have room for improvement,” advisor Mikaela Hall said. “We are excited to see how they do later this season.”

FFA has been practicing during activity period.

It has been fun, but we have put in lots of hard work,” senior Taylor Shelton said. “We will continue to do so until we our district competition in our career development event, which we plan on going to state in.”

Veteran students who have worked on CDEs before have been able to help out the Greenhands.

“I was really impressed on how our first time students did; they are awesome,” advisor Henry Goff said. “Our veterans are awesome as well; none of these events were even done by our FFA two years ago, and we didn’t expect it to be this legitimate.”