Seeing the sights

Students visit State Fair of Texas
Students+gathered+for+a+group+pic+after+enjoying+a+day+at+the+State+Fair+of+Texas.+
nelson
Students gathered for a group pic after enjoying a day at the State Fair of Texas.

In honor of Ag Awareness day, FCCLA and FFA members had an opportunity to attend the State Fair of Texas and deliver canned food donations to the North Texas Food Bank. The members explored areas of the food and textile industry while gaining knowledge about agricultural production. 

“It was a beautiful opportunity to look at different displays that educate us about agriculture in Texas and how it relates to us,” FCCLA adviser Amanda Harter said. “Students were also allowed to see the different career opportunities and how it is not just about animals, but also about cooking, too.”  

For his first year in FCCLA senior Mason Ayles said he had a fun experience.He thought the trip was a fun way for everyone to bond and come closer as a team. He spent his time exploring exhibits and trying different foods.  

“I had fun walking around and liked looking at the cars at the car show,” Ayles said. “My favorite food was curly fries.” 

Assistant Principal Clayton Harris and Superintendent Adam Ivy transported the students to the fair. Harris and Ivy relaxed in the infinity massage chairs and drove trucks at the Chevy driving center. Harris said they ate all kinds of food “from turkey legs to chicken fried bacon” and walked around the park playing fair games. Harris said it was an excellent opportunity for students to see the fair and the exhibits without having to worry about tickets or transportation. 

“When I was in school I didn’t have the chance to go to the fair until I was in college because I lived six hours away from it,” Harris said. “I am glad that we are able to give the kids an opportunity to go.”