FFA continues success during contest season

With district competition on their minds, forty FFA members traveled to China Spring last week to compete in an invitational contest.

Teams in Public Relations, Senior Chapter Conducting, Junior Chapter Conducting, Senior Chapter Quiz, Junior Chapter Quiz, Radio Broadcasting, Senior Creed, Junior Creed, Ag Advocacy, Skills and Junior Skills all competed in events.

“It is so nerve racking,” junior Ally Smith said. “This year I competed in two events, and neither of them I competed in the year before.”

Four teams placed in the top five in their events. Ag advocacy, Senior chapter conducting and junior chapter conducting placed second, and Senior Creed placed first.

“I compete in both Ag Advocacy and Senior Chapter Conducting,” Smith said. “Seeing as how we placed at this contest makes me excited for the contests to come.”

According to officer Reese Davis, each year is harder and more competitive.

“Last year I competed on the Chapter Conducting team, and since the new freshman came in I was moved to Public Relations,” sophomore Emma Reeder said. “Next year I might have to move to another team if I do work hard for my spot.”

FFA teams will be competing a another contest at Tarleton University before their district contest.
“I think this year is going to be a very successful and great year,” junior Charles Bosh said. “I have high hopes that everyone competing on teams this year will succeed.”