Student spotlight: Lorna Kitson

Foundation, concealer, contour, highlighter – makeup in general – is what freshman Lorna Kitson is best known for. For Kitson, doing makeup is more than just a hobby; it’s her passion.

“I like makeup because I like the way it transforms you,”  Kitson said. “There is something about makeup that makes people feel different about everything.”

After high school, she plans on attending beauty school in Dallas. When she graduates from beauty school, she wants to start her own Youtube channel.

“I want to be able to show people how to do their own makeup with my youtube channel,” Kitson said. “I will be able to help transform people into something they always have wanted to be. I will be able to make some people’s wishes come true.”

When she is not doing makeup that is when she likes to dance. She dances to rap and old school rap.

“I like dancing to rap and old school rap because they are fun to jam out to and they always put you in the best mood,” Kitson said. It can help relieve things that are going on.”

Kitson has moved around a lot throughout her lifetime. She was born in Michigan and has lived in Mississippi, Tennessee, Montgomery, and now she lives in Buffalo, Tx. Kitson said that Buffalo is boring compared to other places she’s lived.

“Buffalo doesn’t have anything to do,” Kitson said. “We always have to drive to other places to go shopping. I don’t find it interesting at all.”  

Being a part of the Kitson family is a huge deal. With 11 siblings, 4 four brothers and seven sisters, there is always something going on.  

“My family is a big family so that means we have more fun,” Kitson said. “We always stay hyped. My family always make things way more enjoyable.”

Her closest friend is freshman Vaneza Dominguez. They say they have been through it all. Like most friends, they have a bond that can’t be broken.

“I think of Lorna as a truthful friend,” freshman Vaneza Dominguez said. “She is a really good person to talk to because she actually listens. She can be a brat but she’s my friend so I have to put up with her.”

Lorna has two of her sisters in high school with her. Olivia Kitson being the oldest.

“Lorna acts more grown up than she used to,” older sister Olivia Kitson said. “She always does her own thing and doesn’t care what other people think. I know she can accomplish what she wants to achieve.”