Student Spotlight: Jose Sanchez

Sophomore Jose Sanchez is the one to always go to for good advice.

“I am a very  giving person towards others,” Sanchez said. “That’s part of the reason I don’t have much money in my wallet.”

He does multiple activities during school and says he does it all with a whole heart.

“I participate in many things such as cross country, track, basketball, baseball and band,” Sanchez said. “I will also be captain of the cross country boys team next year. I’m pretty excited.”

Sanchez has been to many places around the U.S. and beyond.

“I’ve been to Mexico, Georgia, Arkansas, and Florida,” Sanchez said. “The best places I’ve visited have been the Cathedral in San Juan, Hot Springs Arkansas, and Universal Studios in Florida.”

Some people don’t have the chance to do all of the things Jose has done which is why he treasures the moments.

“The Cathedral is huge and the atmosphere inside feels so majestic and breathtaking. Hot Springs was just beautiful,” Sanchez said. “The view at the top of the mountains was one of the most breathtaking views I could ever imagine of. Finally, Universal Studios was an experience to remember. I’m glad I got to go as a teenager because I would have had a different mindset of things if I went as an adult. It was an awesome experience with everything about Harry Potter, Simpsons, and Transformers. It was just an awesome experience and I plan on going again soon.”

Jose has many supportive people in his life his friends are always the ones to lean on in his times of need.

“Having Jose as a friend is great,” Sophomore Ernesto Rios said. “Even if we do pick on each other all the time, I wouldn’t trade any of our fun times together hanging out and him supporting me while we both run in Cross Country.”