Student Spotlight: Seth Folsom

Senior Seth Folsom is one of those students who makes friends with everyone he meets, including underclassmen.

“He’s so nice to everyone, even if he doesn’t know them,”  freshman Stefani Trejo said. “He helped me on my first day when I was lost.”

Besides having a reputation for being the nice guy, Folsom is also known as number 51 on the field. He has been on the football team for the last four years and twice advanced to the first round of playoffs. He said he is looking forward to seeing what the team can continue to do in the future.

“They should really come close to winning district next year,” Folsom said. “They get lots of practice and they have great coaches.”

FFA has had a big impact in Folsom’s life, he said. He is the student advisor, is on the radio team and judges dairy cattle. Folsom is also involved in the Buffalo 4-H, where he has advanced twice into state for shooting sports.

“FFA and 4-H keep me busy but have taught me how to manage my time,” Folsom said. “It has also showed me that if I work hard enough, I can accomplish my goals.”

Folsom, whose mom teacher first grade, has gone to school here for his entire school career.

“Being the son of a teacher is harder than people think; I can never get away with anything,” Folsom said. “It means I have to go the extra mile in order to meet people’s expectations.”

Although he has not decided yet what his major will be, Folsom is leaving towards oilfield safety management as his major. He will be attending Texas State Technical College in Waco.

“Seth is a great young man with a bright future,” Coach JJ Guidry said. “He has a strong work ethic and a desire for success.”