Theatre students dress up for storytime

cain photo

Sophomore Lilah Molina reads a story while dressed as The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed the Fly.

A few theater students got the opportunity to transform themselves into characters from children’s books for storytime at the elementary school last week.

Senior Kendall Morales reads from Click, Clack, Moo while dressed as Farmer Brown's wife.
cain photo
Senior Kendall Morales reads from Click, Clack, Moo while dressed as Farmer Brown’s wife.

“It was fun to be able to entertain them,” the Big Bad Wolf, played by junior Zach White, said. “I loved just being able to read to them.”

For sophomore Lilah Molina, the rush of being The Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly was a little overwhelming. Despite the anxiety, though, Molina recovered quickly.

“When I saw the little kids coming in, I was really nervous because I wanted them to get the full fantasy,” Molina said. “Once I started reading to them, I saw that they really liked the story. It was a lot of fun.”

Farmer Brown’s wife, senior Kendall Morales, bubbled over with excitement just thinking about the whole thing.

“It was really fun getting to talk to the kids and reading to them,” Morales said. “Being a character out of a children’s book made it more fun and gave it a new element.”