Students and staff enjoy dress-up days

Reeves

Even the teachers got in the fun of dress-up week for homecoming. The 200 hall themed their costumes.

Breanna Kowis, Reporter

Homecoming dress-up week was last week and Monday was red white and blue, Tuesday was favorite character day, Wednesday was anything but a backpack day, Thursday was throwback Thursday, and Friday was purple and gold.

Junior Alynica Jackson said her favorite day was throwback Thursday because she loved how her hair looked and it shows how far along in style and spirit has come in time.

“I got tons of compliments on my hair and how good it looked in a disco-themed headband,” Jackson said. “Throwbacks have always been my favorite mostly because it’s just cool to go back in time and see how they dressed and we also tend to show our spirit more for these kinds of things.”

Junior Alaina O’Daniel says that anything but a backpack day was her favorite mainly because she pushed a toddler’s toy car and she and her friends had fun with it. However, by the end of the day, she regretted her choice a little.

“It was so much fun giving people rides around the school in it and how many people thought it was so cute and cool,” O’Daniel said. “But by the end of the day I had to go to a chiropractor to fix my back because it hurt so bad after pushing it around all day.”