Back and better than ever

Stampede parade highlights annual event

Hullum

The Bison Stampede parade featured more floats and groups than in the past few years. Events were added at the expo center as well.

Harley Sanders, Reporter

The Buffalo Stampede parade was back in full force and according to many of the participants, better than it has been in years. There were more floats and participants than anyone could remember having ever before.

The cheer float, which carried the cheerleaders and members of the football team, received Most Creative.

“Winning the most creative float felt really accomplished,” cheerleader Avery Best said. “The parade was fun as always, and I really enjoyed that time with my friends on the float.”

Senior Lane Freeman was one of the football players who hitched a ride with the cheer team.

“The parade was a great experience,” Freeman said. “It was fun throwing candy to the kids.”

The Bison Brigade also performed in the parade. Drum Major Emma led the band.

“The Buffalo Stampede is always an amazing event to attend,” Cocking said. “I was really excited to be leading the band in it this year.”

Ag had their own personal float, and sophomore Delaney Simpson helped decorate the day before.

“The parade was organized very well,” Simpson said. “We started decorating our float the day before with the great help of our awesome ag teachers and some of our FFA and 4-H kids. I think that everything moved at a great pace, and I can’t wait until next year.”