Seniors show off accomplishments to the community

msm

Lexi Love and her family stop mid-field to pose for pictures during senior walk.

April Martinez, Co-Editor

The class of 2022 lined up at the end zone, patiently waiting each name to be called. Senior Walk has been a tradition at the school for many years now and is one of the community’s favorite milestones, with the parking lot and the stands filling up long before kick-off time to see seniors and their parents mark off the final year of high school.

Students link arms with their parents as they walk to the middle of the field. Their plans after high school and their accomplishments were announced for the crowd to hear.

“I thought it was bittersweet,” senior Avery Hardin said. “I was excited at first until I hit the field then the tears started flowing, but I am so happy that I made it this far.”

Students involved in Friday night games, such as football players, cheerleaders, Belles and band members were the first to be announced.

“It was an emotional night, but not necessarily all the emotions were sad,” senior Emma Adams said. “I was super excited to be able to walk across the field knowing I was a part of a BHS tradition and having the opportunity to show off my accomplishments from the past four years.”

Senior and cheer captain Jazlynn Early participated in the Senior Walk. Early plans on attending Texas Tech University to major in fashion design.

“I was pretty excited. It’s a tradition for all BHS seniors, and I was proud to be a part of it,” Early said. “Finally deciding on Texas Tech was a relief because I have one less thing to worry about,”

The rest of the night was spent taking pictures and enjoying the last football game of the season, and for seniors, their last high school football game ever.

“These last four years have gone by so fast,” senior Abel Salazar said. “Football has been a major part of my life, and I’m pretty sad that it’s over.”