Student Spotlight: April Martinez

msm

Belle Captain April Martinez leads her team while performing at a pep rally. When April is not busy with school activities, she works for Kona Ice.

Sherlynn Rodriguez, Co-Editor

The pressure is on. Being captain of the Bison Belles and president of FCCLA while juggling two dual credit classes and senior activities is not easy, but it’s nothing that senior April Martinez can’t handle.

“April truly deserves these positions,” senior Emma Adams said. “She is a great leader, dedicated, and won’t let you down. She works really hard every day, and I know she will be successful.”

Martinez is also a member of NHS, a journalism editor, and has a job at Kona Ice.

“It’s a little overwhelming, but I wouldn’t change it for anything,” Martinez said. “I like to keep myself busy and productive.”

When Martinez has free time, she finds herself baking, listening to music, laughing at tiktoks, doing her makeup or shopping online.

“After a long day of school, I really just like to do something that I enjoy and can find myself relaxing in,” Martinez said. “Doing the things I love and am passionate about helps all my school stress fade away.”

Her friends admire her dedication.

“April is honestly one of the strongest people I know,” senior Saloni Jariwala said. “She’s independent and self driven. When she wants something, she gets it. She is able to do anything that she puts her heart and soul into.”

Martinez plans on attending Tyler Junior College next fall to study in the medical field. She wants to become a radiation therapist or sonographer. Her goals in five years are to be living independently, working in a facility, and being financially stable.

“After three long years of high school, I can’t believe this is my last one. It really does go by fast.” Martinez said. “I am ready to see where my future leads me too and am excited to finally go out into the real world.”