FFA officers attend district training

Local+chapter+officers+traveled+to+Onalaska+to+attend+a+district+leadership+training.+

wakefield

Local chapter officers traveled to Onalaska to attend a district leadership training.

Emma Adams, Co-Editor

The Buffalo FFA officers traveled to Onalaska last week for a leadership training that was led by the District 4 officers. They spent the evening learning how to best work in their leadership positions this year.

“Taking over as president this year is a big responsibility that I was very honored to be able to do,” President Riley Ayres said. “We attended our district meeting to improve our leadership skills.”

Teachers Danielle Schill and Caroline Wakefield took the students to the event.

“The FFA officers went through different stations to gain knowledge to bring back to our chapter,” Wakefield said.

The students learned skills to help them in their own local meetings.

“I learned a lot on how to assist in running a meeting and how to make motions,” junior Lane Freeman said. “It was very fun and informative, and I’m excited to get the year started.”

Each officer broke into every group and learned skills and projects to bring back to their chapter. Being able to meet with members from other chapters was one of the most enjoyable parts of the day, according to the students.

“We had a lot of guys in it from other schools that made it loud and rowdy,” junior Allison Bing said. “My group was super fun.”