Henson, Parker crowned during Homecoming

And your 2020 Homecoming queen is….

Homecoming adds extra excitement and anticipation to a football game, with the crowd and the Homecoming court awaiting the crowning of a new queen and king.

“It was a little different because I usually go back to the field house during half time but I was excited to take on the field with my mom,” senior Brett Hoffman said. “I really didn’t expect to get nominated, and I enjoyed being a part of it.”

Homecoming queen nominees were Katy Webb, Josie Henson, Kayla Saenz and Lorna Kitson. The Homecoming king nominees were Eric Beshears, Hoffman, Wes Hagen and Denim Parker.

“I was not expecting to be nominated onto the court because I had just not campaigned in any way,” Webb said. “Besides being a little nervous about falling on my face, I was very happy and excited. It meant a lot to be a part of the Homecoming court because I got to be on the field with my dad.”

Dukes and Duchesses were announced in early October for each grade; Aiden Savage and Emma Cocking were freshman duke and duchess, Rodrigo Carrillo and Bailey Beshears were sophomore duke and duchess, and Logan Skeleton and Avery Hardin were junior duke and duchess.

“It felt amazing, I was very surprised. I was sad that I couldn’t attend but I spent that time with my family – had a photoshoot with my dad and ate one of my favorite types of food, Italian,” Hardin said. “It means so much to me knowing that my class wanted me to represent the class of 2022.”

Last year’s Homecoming king and queen crowned the newest royalty: the Homecoming king was Denim Parker and the Homecoming queen was Josie Henson. Both king and queen rode around the track in a white truck while waving to the crowd.

“I was completely shocked to get Homecoming queen because I felt I was at a disadvantage by graduating early,” Henson said. “But I was really happy and blessed and thankful to all who voted for me.”