Meet the Bison brings in thousands for student organizations

And here are your Buffalo Bison and Lady Bison!

The gym was full of family and friends excited to meet the new coaches and cheer on the athletes being introduced.  At the end of the evening, the athletic teams and spirit groups had more money in their accounts from donations and auction items, and the community was excited to see the teams announced.

“Everyone that went was excited to see the new additions to teams and first-time performances,” junior Maria Dominguez said. “I really liked the energy in the gym from the athletes cheering as well as everyone else in the gym.”

Although there were already 19 cheerleaders performing stunts, the athletes decided to give the crowd more entertainment and perform crazy flips and jumps as they were announced. The more entertainment the crowd had, the louder it got in the gym.

“The gym was already loud during the auction, but I felt like we needed to make it more fun and give the crowd a laugh, so I told Rylee to have an imaginary volleyball rally to add some spice,” freshman Allison Bing said.” After that everyone went crazy and laughed and the energy instantly went up.”

Many athletes are involved in multiple activities and spent the evening back and forth from the stands to the gym floor.

“I looked like a chicken without a head because I was running from sitting with football to playing with the band and then going down for cross country and back up and going down again for football,” sophomore Richard Renteria said. “I wasn’t the only one though; there were multiple people that looked as crazy as I did.”

Throughout the event, there were definitely nerves for performers as in the Belles, cheer, and band. For some, it was their first time performing, others their second or third but the nerves would still get to them.

“This was my first time performing on the floor because I have always been in the stands with the band,” freshman Pari Jariwala said. “My performance was so good and I felt like the team did so good. Everyone seemed to love it, and I couldn’t be happier with how it went.”