Student Spotlight: Katy Webb

Light glaring into her eyes off the court and the timer on the scoreboard going as fast as her heart beats, freshman Katy Webb spikes the ball. ¨Nice serve!¨ her teammates yell and crowd goes wild. This is how Webb spent her first year at Buffalo High School: playing the sport she loved – volleyball.

¨She was a great player and was always able to get the ball over the next,¨Coach Kyle Gleghorn said. ¨It was great having her play for us this year.¨

Not only does Web play volleyball, but she also participates in track  and out of school is a part-time barrel racer.

¨I really do enjoy volleyball so it does suck I will have to get out due my busy rodeo schedule next year,¨ Webb said.¨It’s a hobby of mine and I take it very seriously.¨

During the summer of 2017 Katy Webb made it to nationals and of course her parents were deeply proud of her.

¨Katy has been working on races like these for years now,¨ Webb’s mother Lisa Webb said. ¨Not only does it make me proud that she does what she loves but she’s the best at it too.¨

Although being a part-time rodeo girl and full time high school student and athlete can be very stressful according to her agriculture teacher Webb does just fine.

¨I do know that Katy is a very busy girl and especially competing in FFA as well,¨ teacher Mikaela Hall said. ¨Yet she still have very good grades and is always caught up with her work.¨

Having hobby like rodeoing or barrel racing can be very time consuming but still Web in on top of her game.

¨I have known Katy since we both went to Dew together and even then she was still very smart,¨ sophomore Skyler Randle said. ¨This year only shows me more that she is a good multitasker.¨