FFA places in top five at Cypress

In preparation for area contests,  FFA traveled to Cypress Creek to compete in the Cypress Creek invitational contest.

Milk Quality, Entomology, Floriculture, Nursery Landscape, Poultry, and Vet Tech are team all competed at the meet.

“The contests are becoming more real now,” vet tech team captain Megan Wedhorn said. “Cypress is one of the few contests that we had until Area. I am excited, but it makes my stomach churn.”

Floriculture placed first out 36 teams. Milk Quality placed second out of 19.

“We were very excited to be awarded first place at a large contest,” advisor Mikala Hall said. “The students hard work is starting to pay off. We are excited to see how we place at future contest.”

Johnson placed fourth out of 140 individual results.  Milk Quality team member Mckenzie Ryder placed third out of 70 individuals.

“I was not expecting to place in the top five,” Johnson said. “I am so glad that my hardwork has paid off though, not only for myself but also for the team.”

FFA teams will be competing at the annual Tarleton contest in two weeks. They will also be competing in a double header, where they compete in two contests in one day.

“I have never participated in a double header,” Johnson said. “The double header will be challenging but it will definitely get us to where we need to be before area.”