Student Spotlight: Maggie Medina

Being a junior and graduating early can be a confusing time, especially with all the tests that a student has to take. Senior Maggie Medina is graduating a year ahead of her friends and her originally graduation date.

“I decided that I wanted to graduate early at the end of my freshman year,” Medina said. “I want to get a head start on college before I go to an actual university.”

After graduation, Medina plans to get her basics done at Navarro College for two years then transfer to Stephen F. Austin University.

“Some of my friends at work have done their basics at Navarro for two years and moved away with the money they have saved,” Medina said. “I want to be able to help my mom and brother for as long as I can.”

Medina is currently involved in her last year of Belles where she is a lieutenant to the 60th line. As her Belle career comes to an end, she helps other Belles that want to try out for officer.

“I’m going to miss the fun times in Belles,” Medina said. “I’m glad I had the chance to experience all the fun. I want more girls to experience it also.”

During her freshman year she played softball, where she was an outfielder.

“I liked softball when I played,” Medina said. “It was my first time to play and I loved it.”

Although her friends are going to miss her when she graduates a year ahead, they hope she does well in her studies and life.

“I’m going to miss Maggie, but I know that she’ll be fine,” junior LaSundra Robinson said. “I hope she’ll come and visit often.”