“Crimson Kiss” sucks readers in

Crimson Kiss sucks readers in

From the author Trisha Baker comes a great book called Crimson Kiss. Published in 2001, it is one of four books Baker has published, and it is the first book of the Crimson Series. Crimson Kiss is not the usual vampire love story or horror story. It’s a romance story with a dark twist that no one would expect. The best way to describe it is when Meghann fell for Simon is when the romance ended and the nightmare began.

Meghann O’Neill, also known as Maggie, is a psychologist who specializes in treating victims of abusive relationships. She knows exactly how her clients feel, because for years Meghann suffered from the abuse and torture inflicted by a man named Simon Baldevar. Lord Baldevar seduced Meghann, turned her into a vampire, and enslaved her in what seemed like an endless cycle of pain and pleasure. When Meghann finally had enough, she staked him and left him on a rooftop so the sunlight could finish him off. However, Simon survived and is now killing the people that are closest to Megahnn, just to get her to run back to him and beg for forgiveness.

“But, my love, you cannot compare us to those dreary women and their loathsome partners that you counsel. I am your master, and you will give me all you owe me before the night is over.”

“I will die before I call you ‘master’…so kill me if you can.” ~Crimson Kiss

I discovered the book, Crimson Kiss, back in April when I went to Half Priced Books. I’ve always loved vampire books, so when I found this book and read the description on the back, I decided to give it a read, and I’m glad I did. This book was great, but not at all what I was expecting it to be like. I thought it was great because unlike typical vampire romance novels, this book focuses on what it’s like to live with a psychopath who claims to love you, but at the same time is okay with hurting you and breaking your spirit. It allows readers to get a glimpse of some of the things that rape and abuse victims have been through. Overall, this book was a really great book, and I would recommend it to anyone my age or older.

I absolutely loved this book and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next one. The only thing about this book is that it has quite a bit of mature content, so I would recommend this book for high school students on up. However, I don’t recommend this book for people that have been a victim of sexual or physical violence. If you’re looking for a new book to read, then I definitely recommend this book. You won’t be disappointed.