Friday Night Favorites named at football game

Friday Night Favorites were announced at the football game last week. Traditionally announced at the last home game of the season, the awards have been moved up the last two years because Homecoming has been scheduled on the last home game.

During halftime at the game against Marlin, principal Tracy Gleghorn announced the awards after the Belles and band performed.

fnf3Drum Major Zach White was named as band beau. The Band Sweetheart award was given to junior Yzabel Salazar, a band member of three years.

“They are both so talented on how they handle their instruments,” sophomore Jose Sanchez said. “They give me inspiration to play my best during performances.”

Band members say that both of the favorites make being in band fun.

“I voted for these two because they are the ones who make playing so enjoyable,” freshman Benito Avilla said. “They make us laugh so much.”

Belle Officer Favorite went to senior Jocelyn Ayala, who has participated in belles for all four years of high school and has been an officer for two years. Line Member Favorite went to sophomore Selena Guerrero, a first year line member.

“She is such an amazing officer with great talent and technique,” Belle Director Amanda Harter said of Jocelyn afterwards.

fnf1Cheerleader Favorite who was awarded to senior Kynlee Driskill a cheer member for four years.  Cheerleading Crew Favorite was awarded to senior Jacob Fishbeck.

These two show so much dedicated time by helping with all pep rallies and games,” cheer coach Cheryl Lack said.