5 Seconds of Summer continues to bring the hits

5 Seconds of Summer, also known as 5SOS, is an Australian pop rock band from Sydney, Australia that formed in 2011. 5SOS is made up of four members: Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin, and Michael Clifford. The band rose to fame in 2014 when they went on tour with One Direction. Seven years later, they have produced four albums and won several awards.

5 Seconds of Summer is an amazing band. The first time that I listened to them was back in 2014 when they released their hit single “She Looks so Perfect”. I was really impressed by the song, because it was one of those songs that you instantly loved. Ever since then, I’ve been listening to them grow with their music. There isn’t a song of theirs that I don’t like. However, some of their newer songs such as “Want You Back”, “Youngblood”, and “Valentine” are different from their older songs, but they are still really good.

“Remember the words you told me, love me ‘til the day I die. Surrender my everything ‘cause you made me believe you’re mine. Yeah you used to call me baby, now you calling me by name. Takes one to know one, yeah you beat me at my own damn game.” ~Youngblood

5 Seconds of Summer has released seven EPs, three studio albums and one live album. 5 Seconds of Summer released their first EP Unplugged in 2012. That same year they also released their second EP Somewhere New. In 2014 they released their third EP She Looks So Perfect. It debuted at number two in the United States, and number one in the United Kingdom. That same year they also released their first debut album 5 Seconds of Summer and their fourth, fifth and sixth EPs Don’t Stop, Amnesia and Good Girls as well as their first live album LiveSOS. 5 Seconds of Summer debuted at number one on 16 charts and sold 259,000 copies in its first week. In 2015 they released their seventh EP She’s Kinda Hot. That same year they released their second studio album Sounds Good Feels Good. Sounds Good Feels Good debuted at number one on 11 charts and has sold over one million copies worldwide.

Earlier this summer, 5 Seconds of Summer released their third studio album Youngblood. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, making it their third number-one album to debut on the US Billboard 200. This made 5SOS the first band to have three studio albums debut at the top of the Billboard 200. The album also debuted at number one on US Billboard Top Album Sales, and ARIA Australian Albums. Youngblood peaked on 30 charts from all over the world, and it sold 142,000 copies in the United States within its first week.

Youngblood has to be one of the best albums that I have ever listened to. If I had to rate it from 1-10, I would give it a 20, that’s how good it is. This album is different from 5SOS’s last two albums, and in my personal opinion, it is as good if not better than their last two albums. Youngblood shows how the band has grown up and changed since their last album, and I love that. The songs on this album range from fun and upbeat to slow and sad, and that’s what I like about it. I like that no matter what mood I’m in, whether I’m happy, sad, angry, etc… I can still listen to the songs on this album and enjoy them. Some of the songs even have a pop/EDM feel to them, which is a new style for 5SOS, but it works, and I like it. The songs are easy to connect with and I knew the words to every single song after the first day I listened to this album. My favorite songs from the album are “Valentine”, “Want You Back”, “Moving Along”, “Youngblood”, and “Woke Up in Japan”.

“Is is bad that I’m hoping that you’re broken? Is it bad that I’m wishing you’re still broken? That you haven’t found fish in the ocean. Is it bad, so bad?” ~ Moving Along

Anyone interested in purchasing 5 Seconds of Summer’s Youngblood album, can find it available in stores, or on iTunes and Amazon. I absolutely loved this album and would recommend it to anyone. If you don’t at least give it a listen, then you’re missing out on some great music.