Student Spotlight: Lauren Beshears

Lights shine bright on the sidelines.

Rows and rows of people cheering.

Friday nights will never be the same.

For two years, senior Lauren Beshears has been a part of the varsity cheer squad and cheers on her brother, sophomore Eric Beshears.

“I haven’t always been in cheer, but when I have, I have really liked it,” Beshears said. “It is really cool to be able to cheer my family on from somewhere other than the stands.”

Along with cheering for the football boys on Friday nights, Beshears participates in competitive cheer.

“For me, competition cheer is a lot more fun than normal cheer,” Beshears said. “I am kind of sad that this is going to be my last year cheering, cheering has been a lot of fun.”

Aside from cheer, Beshears also participated in junior varsity volleyball and track her freshman year.

“I have never really been a sports person,” Beshears said. “After freshman year, I got out of athletics, but I have always wanted to stay fit and healthy.”

According to senior Taylor Lack, Beshears has made a huge impact on everyone around her.

“I can’t even imagine where I would be without Lauren,” Lack said. “She is one of my best friends and I have been through a lot with her. I really hope we can keep in touch after high school.”

After graduation, Beshears plans to attend Tyler Junior College but has not yet decided on a major.

“I have been here since their freshman year, so I have seen each one of these kids grow,” secretary Amanda Whittlesey said. “I have no doubt that Lauren is going to do well after high school. This is a really exciting time for all of them.”

After spending four years in high school, Beshears is more excited than ever to graduate.

“I am so excited to start a new life,” Beshears said. “High school has been all right, but I know life after will be awesome. I am ready to move out of Buffalo and see where my future takes me.”