Student Spotlight: Kassidy Bell

Down and ready. As she waits for the ball, a bead of sweat rolls down her face. The ref blows the whistle and it is games on.

Every Friday night in the fall months, Senior Kassidy Bell experienced an adrenaline rush by participating on the varsity volleyball team. Aside from being a dedicated athlete, Bell has also made her mark on the school in other ways.

“I have tried my best through high school,” Bell said. “Right now, I am just really excited to finally graduate.”

Sportswise, Bell has been on the varsity volleyball team all four years and also runs track.

“I have been involved in volleyball for all four years,” Bell said. “This year, I was named Honorable Mention for volleyball which was really exciting.”

In academics, Bell has been involved advanced classes all four years.

“Kassidy has always been major competition in our class,” senior Madison Rowan said. “We are all trying to be in the top five of class so it makes all of us really competitive.”

Bell has received special honors in high school including best-dressed junior at prom, favorite sophomore, and homecoming queen nominee.

“I was kind of shocked when I was chosen for the homecoming court,” Bell said. “I was really flattered that they chose me for it.”

After high school, she plans to attend Sam Houston State University and major in Business.

“Although I have had a lot of fun in high school, I am really ready for college,” Bell said. “I know there is a whole different world out there and I am ready to explore it.”