Student Spotlight: Anthony Rios

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck Tony!

Junior Anthony Rios, better known as Tony Rios, receives many good lucks from his fans and friends on game days.

“I like watching and cheering on Tony on Friday nights,” sophomore Andrea Daniel said. “Before the game, I like to hype him and by telling him good luck; y’all can win tonight.”

Tony has been playing football for five years and looks forward to playing and making memories with his football brothers each year. He has learned a lot throughout the years and his football skills have gotten stronger.

“Tony is a good football player,” coach Robert Rubel said. “In the few years I’ve been here, I have seen much improvement in him”

Aside from his passion for football, Tony also concentrates on maintaining a high GPA. He wants to graduate high school and attend college to major in business management.

“Being a junior is scary because I have one more year to go, but I’m ready,” Tony said. “ I’m trying to keep good grades so that I’m eligible for Baylor University.”

Rios is described as funny, kind, and a good friend by his peers. He doesn’t like to see anybody sad or without a friend so he tries to make them laugh or becomes their friend.

“Time spent with Tony is a time of laughter and jokes,” freshman Manuel Gonzalez said. “I enjoy hanging out with him because he always finds something interesting to do.”