Senior Walk showcases upcoming graduates

As parents walked their children across the field, tears filled in their eyes because of the realization that their child was a senior. The event was held Friday night before the football game.

“I believe Senior Walk is a chance for seniors to really prove to the community that we are ready for the real world,” senior Taylor Lack said. “It shows that we are prepared to take on new challenges in the adult world.”

Senior Walk begins with students walking arm and arm with their parents on the field. As they crossed the field, their accomplishments were called out on the loudspeaker.

“I felt really proud as Mrs. Gleghorn said all the things I participate in,” senior Nadia Garcia said. “I was reminded how fast time flies by and how involved I am.”

Senior Taylor Lack plans to be a diagnostic medical sonographer and wants to attend Tyler Junior College or McLennan Community College.

“As I walked across the field, the realization hit me that I am a senior,” Lack said. “It was kind of a reality check for me that  said ‘wow this is really happening,’”.

Kaiden Loep participated in senior walk. Loep plans to attend Midwestern State University and become a general nurse.

“I was really excited and nervous,” Loep said. “I realized that I am so close to becoming an adult; it’s so surreal.”

Madison Rowan’s mother walked her out on the field as they called out all of her accomplishments and announced that she plans to go to school to become an occupational therapist.

“I was pretty nervous as I stood in the line to go,” Rowan said. “I didn’t want to trip but it ended up being really good.”

During the school day, there was a senior pep rally. In the rally, seniors reminisced on some of their last moments in high school. They got in a circle and danced, just enjoying eachother’s company.

“I never saw myself as one to enjoy a senior dance,” senior Lilah Adams said. “Once I got up there, I saw how close we all are and I really enjoyed having one last hurrah with my classmates.”