FFA LDE contest at Little River Academy

Forty members of the FFA team traveled to the Bumble Bee Invitational at Little River Academy last week to practice several agricultural contests.

They competed in contests such as Public Relations, Chapter Conducting, Junior Chapter Conducting, Quiz, Junior Quiz, Radio Broadcasting, Ag Advocacy, Skills and Junior Skills.

“I was so nervous for this tournament,” junior Makayla Gilliam said. “It was my first time doing public relations and I wasn’t really sure what to do.”

According to senior Shalyn Cotton, because it was the first tournament of the year, everyone had jitters.

“Although we were all nervous, it was a fun tournament to go to,” Cotton said. “I was kind of sad because this is the last year I am going to get to compete in FFA.”

For the five seniors who competed, it began the last year of participating in FFA.

“Although this is my last year, I feel like this is going to be the best year so far,” senior James Rodell said. “The returners who are competing, have been working so hard.”

Although there are many returners, there are also many new participants.

“It is not just the returners who have been working hard, also the new people,” Rodell said. “All the freshman who has joined this year have been working very hard on their events. I feel this is going to be the best year so far.”

Overall, according to several students, they feel this is going to be a very successful year.

“I think we have a very good group of people,” Gilliam said. “Although this is my first year, they have made me feel part of the group. I think we will be very successful this year.”