Student Spotlight: Callie Harter

Raised in Buffalo, Callie Harter, daughter of Bison Belles director Amanda Harter, is following in her family’s footsteps of being a dancer. Despite being a freshman, she already knows her way around because of her older sister Chelsea Harter.

“Callie is my ride or die for life,” senior Chelsea Harter said. “We spend most of our days listening to our favorite songs and eating ice cream.”

One of Harter’s biggest goals is to become a veterinarian because of her love for animals. She has seven cats and two dogs. However, she loves all kinds of animals.

“I want to go to A&M University,” Harter said. “I want to receive my veterinaria degree and take care of animals.”

Because of her passion to go to a university, Harter is focusing on her grades in school.

“High school is a lot harder,” Harter said. “It is different from the junior high. I miss my teachers.”

Alongside of focusing on her school work, she manages to be in Belles, participating in FFA, FCCLA and 4-H.

“I want to focus on my 4-H career,” Harter said. “I always do my homework and try to be focused.”

However, Harter is not all work and no play. Along with school being her number one priority, she loves hanging out with her friends.

“Callie can always make me smile,” freshman Sydney Label said. “We have been close for a very long time. I am glad to have her as my friend.”