Halsey’s “Hopeless Fountain Kingdom” is anything but hopeless

Halseys Hopeless Fountain Kingdom is anything but hopeless

Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, better known by her stage name Halsey, is an American singer-songwriter who was born in Clark, New Jersey, in 1994. Halsey’s career first began in 2012 on Youtube, where she would post covers of songs. Five years later, she has produced two albums and has won several awards.

Halsey is a pretty talented singer. The first time I listened to her music, I didn’t really like it, because it wasn’t what I was used to listening to. However, that changed when I listened to the song “Colors”, which is from her album first album Badlands. After I heard that song, I decided to give her other songs another chance, and it turned out that they were actually pretty good.

“You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise. You’re dripping like an overflowing sink. You’re ripped  at every edge but you’re a masterpiece, and now I’m tearing through the pages and the ink.”~Colors

Halsey released her first EP called Room 93, in 2014. It peaked at number 159 on the U.S Billboard 200. In 2015, she released a digital version of the EP called Room 93: The Remixes, which included remixes of the songs “Hurricane”, “Ghost” and “Trouble”. Later that year, Halsey released her first debut album titled Badlands. It debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart, and sold 97,000 copies in the United States within a week. It went on to sell over 500,000 copies in the country.

Earlier this summer, Halsey released her second studio album Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200. In Australia, the album debuted at number two and sold 4,300 copies within the first week. The album also debuted at number 12 on the UK albums chart and sold 7,123 copies in its first week.

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, is an amazing album. It is kind of different from her first album, and in my personal opinion, it is better than her first album. I would recommend this album to anyone, that is how good it is. The songs are relatable and easy to connect with. My favorite songs from this album are “Now or Never” and “Bad at Love”.

“Been through the ups, yeah the ups and the downs with me. Got a whole lot of love, but you don’t wanna spread it ‘round with me yeah. Never pick up, never call me, you know we’re running out of time. Never pick up when you want, me now I gotta draw a line.” ~Now or Never

If you are interested in purchasing Halsey’s Hopeless Fountain Kingdom album, it is available in stores, or on iTunes and Amazon. I really recommend this album. If you don’t at least give it a listen, then you are missing out.