“Get Out” is fantastically twisted and dark

Get Out is fantastically twisted and dark

Now you’re in the sunken place.

Chris is in love, and it’s time to meet her family. But something is amiss. Her parents and even their servants act strangely around him. What is going on in this family? Does Chris really want to know?

Chris Washington (Daniel Kaluuya) and Rose Armitage (Alison Williams) are a young couple who are spending the weekend with Rose’s parents.But even before they even arrive, strange things begin to happen. Chris thinks that the parents are just awkward around him because of the interracial relationship between him and their daughter, but each day the parents grow more unusual. Chris soon finds that this family has a deep, dark secret that could put him in “the sunken place”.

Get Out is a thriller that will have the audience laughing and covering their eyes at the same time. It is predictable, but where it lacks variety, it makes up for in comedy. Rod Williams (Lil Rel Howery), Chris’ friend who works for TSA, provides comic relief from the thought-provoking storyline.

The characters of Rose Armitage and her twisted family are played by amazing actors who seems to embrace the strangeness of the story. The lighting, setting, and music in Get Out also move the story along.

Get Out is a movie that makes people think, laugh, and hide behind the pillow all in the first five minutes. This movie also faces the different levels of racism, even as far as calling it an obsession. It is rated R, so no little kids. However, it is an eye-opening experience that deserves to be seen by everyone.