Teacher spotlight: Megan McMullen

New teachers always spark a light for students each year. It is Megan McMullens’ second year teaching, a year in Teague and now in Buffalo.  McMullen is teaching Biology as well as Anatomy and Physiology. The subject is not only new to McMullen but also the students. “I never actually signed up for Anatomy, but now that class has started I’m enjoying it and actually look forward to the class everyday,” junior Carina Sanchez said. “It’s a fun class to be in and I’m excited to learn more about the human body and systems.”

Students look forward to the class to not only learn but to learn in an interesting and fun way. McMullen seems to have a way to captivate the students’ attention. Students are fascinated with the ways of teaching and enjoy the class.

“She’s a fantastic teacher by what I’ve seen so far,” Senior Sean Haycock said. “She understands our humour and joins in, I think that’s what makes us look forward to the class each day.”

McMullen is excited to get creative with lesson plans in the classroom. Students are looking forward to what is being planned preparing them to get a better source of learning. Each student is hoping her ways of teaching will excite them enough to grow a love for the subject.

“I have plans to do a few projects every six weeks or so,”  McMullen said. “I know different students learn different ways, as well everyone loves labs; so I thought a good way to teach would be to not only include reading or listening lessons but also hands on lessons for everyone to enjoy.”

McMullen, who moved from Teague, enjoys the things Buffalo has to offer. Not only with a new environment but as well as new offerings from the community.

“I started teaching in Buffalo to move closer to home,” McMullen said . “I like that I get to participate more in the community and things in school, my daughter is participating in the GEMS program and I’m helping with the program as well so I get to spend more time with her which is amazing.”