FFA teams advance to state

Earlier this month groups from the FFA program traveled to Sam Houston University in Huntsville to compete in area. Several teams advanced to state.

“We have a couple teams that have advanced to state. They are floriculture, milk quality productions, meat science and horse judging,” FFA teacher Mikaela Hall said.  “I am very proud of all of our teams that have advances.”

Sophomore Dylan Cornish, member of the floriculture team, is very elated about his team advancing to state.

“It’s exciting,” Cornish said. “even though I just joined the team not too long ago it has been a very fun experience.”
Hall believes that all the students that are participating at state have been very devoted to their team.
“I am very proud of all of our teams that have advances,” Hall said.  “Our kids love the competitive environment and really know how to step it up when put to the test.”

“A major point to getting us this far was the dedication our kids have had,” Hall said.  “They had to prioritize and study very hard to stay focused on their event , they had to really have the dedication to help us get to state.”

Vice President of the FFA Chapter, Ashley Thunderhawk, is happy that these groups are going to state.

“I think all the teams did great,” Thunderhawk said. “I’m very proud of how everyone did.”