Student Spotlight: Kysa Taylor

When you walk through the hallways, sometimes you catch a glimpse of long golden hair. This hair belongs to the one and only Kysa Taylor, and her beautiful hair isn’t the only good thing about her. Taylor is loved by her classmates – enough so that she was crowned homecoming queen this fall. It was a very competitive court this year, consisting of Lauren Pate, Kysa Taylor, Jordan Jenkins and Kynlee Driskill.

“When I won homecoming queen I was honestly very surprised,” Taylor said.

Well-liked in the school, Taylor has many friends. Her teachers have commended her for her hard work in school, which she knows will pay off once she enrolls in college.

I plan on going to Blinn in College Station to become a dental hygienist,” Taylor said.

Most high school students don’t live in as many places as Taylor has. Taylor has lived in three different states and traveled to more. 

I was born in Washington and moved to Arizona when I was five,” Taylor said. “I have moved three times in Texas but I am grateful,” Taylor said. “Adjusting to Buffalo was not easy and I still have some difficulties, but I am happy and blessed.”

Although she did have a little trouble adapting, she did fit in just fine.

Moving from Arizona to Texas was hard but I learned that God places people in the right place,” Taylor said. “I had to move on and accept where I was going.”

Taylor looks forward for college and is ready to start  her new life as an adult, accepting responsibility and everything that comes with it.

I am so excited to move on to another part of my life and start college,” Taylor said. “ I have also enjoyed my years in high school.”