StuCo completes Camo Christmas project for soldiers

Soldiers are going to get an extra special treat this year from the Buffalo community from items collected by the student council for the Camo Christmas project. The group mailed off more than 200 items that included snacks and toiletry items as well as stockings to pack everything in and several dozen Christmas-card messages.

“I really enjoyed this project this year,” student council president Andrea Garcia said. “When Mrs. Menefee asked us if we wanted to do this project, everyone was very excited to do it.”

There were not as many donations as the group had hoped for, but there was enough to fill seven boxes. Everything went in the mail today to Illinois, where it will be repackaged and sent out to individual soldiers.

“Although we did not get many donations this year, I feel like this is something we can do every year,” junior Taylor Farris said. “I donated a few objects, and hopefully this project will grow every year. I feel like is something small but very impactful for the soldiers.”

The Camo Christmas is one that members plan to do from now on

“This was a really thoughtful project,” junior Nadia Garcia said. “I would really like to do this every year. I feel like this could make a great impact on the soldiers and make them feel a little more at home.”