Student Spotlight: Taylor Lack

Although junior Taylor Lack is only five foot two, she makes a huge difference with anything and everything she participates in. Lack is part of many school activities including poetry, CX debate, theater, cheer, FCCLA, volleyball, track and softball.

“I love being involved in school,” Lack said. “I know a lot more people by just being involved in stuff. It keeps me super busy and makes me excited to get up and get my day started.”

Apart from being involved in just school extra-curricular activities, Lack is able to maintain a high-class ranking and superior grades.

“I try hard to maintain a good balance with everything I do,” Lack said. “My grades mean a lot to mean and I try to keep them before anything. Although sometimes it is hard to maintain a good balance a lot of my friends help me with it.”

According to Lack, one of the advantages with being involved in a lot of different activities is the opportunity to meet a lot of new people.

“When I first came here I didn’t know a lot of people, Taylor was one of the first people that I really got to know,” junior Jayci Hightower said. “She seemed so nice and made me feel like I was at home. We got really close very quickly. It made me feel like I belonged.”